Friday, April 25, 2014

Final reflections

Growing up in Watts, California, My perception on US sports before taking this class was that it was all about striving hard to be the best to provide support for your family.  However, after taking this class I learned that there's so much more to US sports.  One example being injuries, which could change an athletes life drastically. Even minor injuries that don't take you too long to come back because the perspective of being on the outside looking in is really a different dimension of the game and it gives you a thought to who you really are. The discussion topic that stood out to me the most was on disabilities in sports.  That was really mind blowing when we viewed the video on wheelchair rugby.  I never thought about paralyzed men from waist down having so much passion playing a sport as men that are physically fine. That really was inspiring to watch them go out and compete at a sport on an everyday basis. This class has definitely opened up my mind to wanting to ask more critical questions about spots in the future. Also, I have a better understanding how the media impacts sports in many ways. I would recommend this class to anyone that's interested in sports and if they're not interested in sports I would still recommend this class to them.

No comments:

Post a Comment